Heat stroke is the most serious heat related disorder and occurs when the body’s temperature regulation fails, and body temperature rises to critical levels. The condition is caused by a combination of highly variable factors, and its occurrence is difficult to predict. If someone is experience confusion, irritational behavior, loss of consciousness, convulsions, a lack of sweating or an abnormally high body temperature, seek emergency medical attention immediately.
- Establish a heat illness prevent program.
- Provide routine training about the hazards leading to heat stress and how to prevent them.
- Encourage everyone to drink at least one pint of water per hour.
- Designate a responsible person or implement the buddy system for everyone to monitor conditions and protect each other at risk.
- Arrange more frequent rest periods with water breaks in either an air-conditioned area or in front of a fan.
Gemba Direct offers several high velocity fans for immediate relief from the heat.